Children in Care Council
Children in Care Council (Say It Louder)
The Children in Care Council (CICC) give young people in care an opportunity to meet other young people with the similar backgrounds and experiences.
Young People will be able to voice their opinions, give their views and ideas to improve the services for them and influence decision makers.
It is a way of making sure that the people who make decisions about looked after children and care leavers know what the issues are for the children and young people themselves.
Havering’s Children in Care Council has two different participation groups that young people can attend if they are looked after by Havering or are Havering care leavers.
Say It Louder – 12 -18 years old
- Meet every six weeks.
- Meet during every school holiday.
- Meet different young people.
- Take part in fun activities.
- Attend Corporate Parenting Meetings.
- Get involved with projects, be a part of interview panels and attend the Pan London Children in Care Council.
- Bring together young people in care to improve how you are looked after.
- You receive a £10 Amazon voucher, to thank you for your time.
Our pledge is a list of promises to the children and young people who are cared for by Havering Council, to make sure we can be good corporate parents.
This pledge has been written by Havering care experienced children and young people, and is based on their experiences and is supported by The Children’s and Young Person’s Act 2008.