Because of government guidance on coronavirus a number of our buildings are now closed and events listed on our site are subject to change or cancellation. Changes to council services, advice and support we can provide, the latest local news and links to Government advice is available on our dedicated coronavirus information page. Go to our coronavirus information page

Covid 19 information for social care providers

Information for care providers, direct payment recipients and personal assistants. View the information

About fostering for family and friends

When a child becomes looked after by us and they are placed with a friend or family member, it is a legal requirement that we seek to approve the adult(s) as temporary foster carers.

An initial assessment will be completed within seven days to establish if we can approve you as a temporary family and friends foster carer.

We will need to obtain permission from you, members of your household and regular visitors who are aged 18 years and above so that police checks, local authority checks including education and children services and medical checks for the main applicants with their GP can be made.

If you would like this information translated into another language please discuss this with the assessing social worker.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.