Register a still birth

It is a time of great sadness when parents and families experience a stillbirth.

When a child is stillborn, the doctor or midwife who was present at the birth or examined the body will issue a medical certificate of stillbirth.

Please contact the bereavement office at Queens Hospital, who will advise you further. You will need to provide the medical certificate you were given.

Advice and support

After a stillbirth, women may still be eligible for maternity leave, statutory maternity pay and maternity allowance. More information is available from the GOV.UK website.

Support for parents and other relatives of stillborn children is available from SANDS, the Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society.

If you are receiving direct mail from companies selling baby related items you can stop them by registering your details on the Baby Mailing Preference Service website.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.