Corporate and Community Resilience Team
The Corporate and Community Resilience Team works to promote a strong and vibrant voluntary and community sector in Havering.
We offer the best possible support to voluntary groups - this includes help with constitution, funding advice, training, publicity and much more.
Whatever your level of experience, our resources and expertise could be a big help.
We support a number of groups that include:
- Community Associations (community leased buildings)
- Friends of Parks Groups
- BME (Black Minority and Ethnic), Interfaith and Over 50s Forums
Members of the Team
- Senior Community Development and Resilience Officer – Jerry Haley email@example.com
- Community Development and Resilience Officer – Kim Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Development and Resilience Officer - Kim Vasa email@example.com
- Community Development and Resilience Officer - Mayuri Raja firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help
We realise that starting a group and its continued development can be a daunting prospect, but the rewards are more than worth it. With the Community Safety & Development Team's expert guidance we will set you on your way to maximising your potential.
Every organisation and most groups need a constitution. It gives structure and direction, and is invaluable when it comes to apply for funding, becoming a charity and employing staff or volunteers.
Help with fundraising
We will make funding applications that bit less painful for you. We will identify potential funding sources and give you advice on what your application should look like.
There are many benefits to becoming a charity. Before you take the steps to become a charity it is important to understand what this will mean to your organisation and the responsibilities it will place on trustees.
There is more information on the Charity Commission website.
We have developed the Good Business Giving Guide for businesses who wish to support their local voluntary and community sector.
For community enquiries, please use Corporate and Community Resilience Team enquiry form.
Corporate and Community Resilience Team, 8th floor, Mercury House, Romford RM1 3SL