Breastfeeding welcome locations
Mothers have the legal right to breastfeed anywhere, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010, but poor facilities and negative responses can sometimes make this difficult.
The aim of the Breastfeeding Welcome Havering scheme is to:
- make it easy for mums to find welcoming and supportive places to breastfeed
- recognise businesses and organisations for promoting and supporting breastfeeding.
You will find the Breastfeeding Welcome Havering logo displayed in the windows of cafés, libraries, children's centres and other public venues around the borough.
Use our map to find breastfeeding friendly locations near you
How to search using our map
- Enter a postcode or street name and select your address to get the map to zoom in on your selected location.
- Either leave ticked or un tick the location types.
- Zoom in and out of the main map to see breastfeeding friendly locations in relation to the location you have selected and are centred on or click on 'Find My Nearest' and then 'Breastfeeding Welcome Scheme' to see a list of the nearest locations to you.
Register as a Breastfeeding Welcome location
If you represent a business or organisation in Havering and would like your venue to become Breastfeeding Welcome, please register for the scheme.
There are a number of services in Havering that provide support around infant feeding. You can find more information on your local children's centre website.
There is a support group for breastfeeding mothers in Havering called LatchOn. They run weekly meet-ups for expectant and breastfeeding mothers to provide advice and support.View the LatchOn Facebook page for up-to-date information about their sessions.
If you have any questions or feedback on the Breastfeeding Welcome scheme, please contact email@example.com.