The Havering Community MARAC
The London Borough of Havering is committed to working in partnership with its professional partners and external agencies who provide services to support and safeguard the residents of Havering. The Havering Community MARAC is for professional bodies and partners only.
The MARAC (Multi Agency Risk assessment Conference) deals with.
- To deal with complex/high level cases of anti-social behaviour arising from individuals where mental health, safeguarding or extremism is a major feature.
- To deal with complex/high level safeguarding cases which cannot be resolved locally and need the support of the Community MARAC. (These cases do not need to involve any evidence of anti-social behaviour)
The Community MARAC takes place on a monthly basis.
The aspiration of the MARAC is to:
- encourage better communication between internal and external partners, by promoting integrity, openness and honesty.
- provide support for partners involved in complex cases requiring a multi-disciplined/service approach.
- help coordinate action plans amongst partners and agencies
- share information in order to increase safety in the Borough, prevent crime, safeguard adults and children at risk, safeguard vulnerable adults and children, protect witnesses giving information to professional agencies
- make partners accountable to victims and to safeguard against repeat victimisation
If you require further advice and guidance, please contact John Goodwin, part of the Community Safety Team: email@example.com