The Havering Community MARAC
The Havering Community MARAC is for professional bodies and partners only.
It helps to separate the Community MARAC function from the Anti-social Behaviour (ASB) Panel.
The Community MARAC takes place on the last Thursday of each month with the exception of November and December which are merged and held on the first week in December.
The MARAC deals with complex/high level cases of anti-social behaviour arising from individuals where mental health, safeguarding or extremism is a major feature.
The aspiration of the MARAC is to:
- encourage better communication between internal and external partners, by promoting integrity, openness and honesty.
- provide support for partners involved in complex cases requiring a multi-disciplined/service approach.
- help coordinate action plans amongst partners and agencies
- share information in order to increase safety in the Borough, prevent crime, safeguard adults and children at risk, safeguard vulnerable adults and children, protect witnesses giving information to professional agencies
- make partners accountable to victims and to safeguard against repeat victimisation