What is it?
The motion sensor 869 is a Passive infrared (PIR) based sensor which is designed to detect movement in a room and transmit a radio signal to a lifeline home unit or other Tunstall telecare enabled systems.
It has been specifically designed for care applications where it is important to avoid detecting a user who may be on the floor following a fall (fall zone feature).
This means that movement is not reported and ensures an inactivity alarm can be generated by the Lifeline home unit or other Tunstall telecare enabled systems.
The motion sensor is also compatible with the Juno Package to report activity tracking within the home via the Tunstall Smart Hub.
How does it work?
At the heart of the solution is either a Lifeline home unit or a Tunstall system. The Motion Sensor is designed to sit on the wall within a property.
Every 30 seconds the unit reports on the resident’s movement patterns to provide assurance that they are OK.
Who is it for?
Motion Sensor activity monitoring is ideal for:
- anyone currently using a Tunstall system
- people with medical conditions such as dementia, epilepsy or diabetes
- 5m x 5m detection
- Fall zone – If the user has fallen on the floor and is moving around, the sensor will not detect movement. The Motion Sensor will need to be positioned on the wall between 1m-1.2m above the ground
- Sensor can be installed flat against the wall or in a corner
- Simple installation
- Simple battery replacement without the need to remove the sensor from the wall
- Transmission to CAT 1 radio receiver - ensuring that signals from the sensors are received for ultimate reliability, essential where life-critical solutions are used
- Fast PIR detection to send a transmission every 30 seconds, when continuous movement is detected
- Walk test mode – 3 minutes of LED flashing every time movement is detected to show the PIR is working properly
- Can be configured to operate in Auto Low Battery mode (ALB) or Auto Presence (AP) – to transmit the status of the Motion Sensor
How to order
To order call 01708 432 843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org