Covid 19 - Advice for the clinically extremely vulnerable
If you have been contacted by letter saying you are in the clinically extremely vulnerable category then there are specific guidelines you are advised to follow.
Help with money
Our coronavirus financial support pages has links to a number of financial options that can help you.
Our self-isolation support page has advice for your wellbeing.
Supermarket delivery slots are still available:
- 7 supermarkets (Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons, Iceland, Waitrose, Ocado) are continuing to offer priority supermarket slots to clinically extremely vulnerable people who need them
- If you are already receiving priority access to supermarket delivery slots this will continue, you do not need to do anything further
- You can register yourself, or on behalf of another clinically extremely vulnerable individual, to request priority access to a supermarket delivery slot online now
Whilst we don’t endorse any individual companies, details for local delivery services are:
- Bloom and Veg, The Farm Shop, Aveley Road, Upminster 01708221786
- Essex Fruit and veg 07480302073
- LDE Veg 07919360893
- Freshways (a national hub that will link with local services) 020 3805 8125
- Milky Way Dairies 07956 950016
- Milk And More
- Parker Daries
- Amazon.co.uk are also making food deliveries
We can also look at any financial challenges you may have in buying food and help to secure advice and support.
If suitable, you may be referred to the local Havering foodbank.
Call our Covid 19 hotline on 0800 368 5201 to speak to us.
Havering Community Hub
Our community hub website offers a wide range of support and services for you to access in one single place.
Emotional and psychological support
Social isolation and loneliness is having a big effect on all out lives and our wellbeing is so important.
There are great organisations in Havering who are available to offer you support.
- Tapestry 01708 7956611
- Age UK 020 8 220 6000
- Havering Mind 01708 457040
- HASWA 01708 522789
- Your Neigbour 020 3968 4330
- ELOP 020 8509 2898
- Mental Health Direct 0300 555 1000
- Samaritans of Havering Free phone 116 123
- Havering Volunteer Centre 01708 922214
- Saint Francis Hospice 01708 758649
Bulky waste collections
You are entitled to free bulky waste collections.
To book a free collection, please call 01708 432563 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.