12 sites regeneration - Harold Hill Town Centre
We have been consulting with residents to find out their views about the future of the Farnham and Hilldene Estate since 2016.
The Farnham and Hilldene shopping area is a key place for Harold Hill's residents and businesses.
In March 2021, the Council’s cabinet committed to significant investment in the area to ensure it continues to be a beacon for the neighbourhood and the whole community to enjoy.
In addition to redeveloping Farnham and Hilldene Estate two neighbouring sites, Chippenham Road and the old library site, were added to be delivered as a single masterplan vision.
We have begun to explore what benefits the investment could bring to the area, its residents, businesses and the wider community.
- 1 - Family Welcome Centre and Medical Centre
- 2 - Chippenham Road
- 3 - Farnham and Hilldene Estate
- 2 - St George's Parish Church and Centre
- 3 - Harold Hill Library
"I can’t say a bad word about the way it was handled. The officers were fantastic. We feel very settled and grateful."
Elizabeth, a former Farnham Road resident, commenting on her move from the site to enable regeneration
- July 2016 - First residents consultation meeting
- September 2016 - Second residents consultation meeting
- October 2016 - Cabinet approve ’12 Sites’ regeneration programme
- November 2016 - Third residents consultation meeting
- February 2017 - Fourth residents consultation meeting
- September 2017 - Fifth residents consultation meeting
- October 2017 - Sixth residents consultation meeting
- February 2018 - Seventh residents consultation meeting
- June 2018 - Residents are updated on the regeneration scheme
- October 2018 - Local residents encouraged to have their say on regeneration programme
- February 2020 - Public consultation online for the regeneration of the area
- March 2021 - Cabinet approve the regeneration of Harold Hill Town Centre, including a new Family Welcome Centre
- July to August 2021 - Public consultation online and drop in sessions held on the design proposals for the regeneration of the area - View the consultation boards from the sessions held
- November 2021 – Further round of drop-in events announced to update on proposed redevelopment
- January 2022 – Harold Hill Town Centre public consultation report
- January 2022 - Update newsletter for residents and businesses
- March 2022 - Designs revealed for new family centre
- June 2022 - Local residents encouraged to have their say on next stage of regeneration
- June 2022 - Public consultation boards from June drop in sessions
- June 2022 - Public consultation report
- July 2022 - Family Welcome Centre planning consent granted
- November 2022 - Updated public consultation boards
- April 2023 - Update to neighbours close to the new Family Welcome Centre site
- June 2023 - Demolition starts on new Family Welcome Centre
- July 2023 - Leaflet on the public consultation for phase two of the Harold Hill masterplan: Chippenham Road
- July 2023 - Phase 2 Harold Hill Town Centre Masterplan: Chippenham Road consultation boards
- July 2023 - Phase 2 Harold Hill Town Centre Masterplan: Chippenham Road public consultation survey
- August 2023 - Newsletter to Farnham and Hilldene residents about estate improvements
Target start dates
- Family Welcome Centre and Health Centre - Phase 1 – Summer 2023
- Chippenham Road - Phase 2 - Winter 2024
- Farnham and Hilldene - Phase 3a - Q1 2025
- Farnham and Hilldene - Phase 3b - Q1 2027
- Farnham and Hilldene - Phase 4a - Q1 2029
- Farnham and Hilldene - Phase 4b - Q1 2031
- Farnham and Hilldene - Phase 5a - Q1 2033
- Farnham and Hilldene - Phase 5b - Q1 2035
Phases above (3a-5b) are sub phases of Farnham & Hilldene Phase 3.
Please note that all dates are indicative and subject to change.