12 sites regeneration - Harold Hill Town Centre
We have been consulting with residents to find out their views about the future of the Farnham and Hilldene Estate since 2016.
The Farnham and Hilldene shopping area is a key place for Harold Hill's residents and businesses.
In March 2021, the Council’s cabinet committed to significant investment in the area to ensure it continues to be a beacon for the neighbourhood and the whole community to enjoy.
We have begun to explore what change the investment in the area could deliver and the benefits it can bring residents, business and the wider community.
"I can’t say a bad word about the way it was handled. The officers were fantastic. We feel very settled and grateful."
Elizabeth, a former Farnham Road resident, commenting on her move from the site to enable regeneration
- July 2016 - First residents consultation meeting
- September 2016 - Second residents consultation meeting
- October 2016 - Cabinet approve ’12 Sites’ regeneration programme
- November 2016 - Third residents consultation meeting
- February 2017 - Fourth residents consultation meeting
- September 2017 - Fifth residents consultation meeting
- October 2017 - Sixth residents consultation meeting
- February 2018 - Seventh residents consultation meeting
- June 2018 - Residents are updated on the regeneration scheme
- October 2018 - Local residents encouraged to have their say on regeneration programme
- February 2020 - Public consultation online for the regeneration of the area
- March 2021 - Cabinet approve the regeneration of Harold Hill Town Centre, including a new Family Welcome Centre
- July to August 2021 - Public consultation online and drop in sessions held on the design proposals for the regeneration of the area - View the consultation boards from the sessions held
- November 2021 – Further round of drop-in events announced to update on proposed redevelopment
- January 2022 – Harold Hill Town Centre public consultation report
- January 2022 - Update newsletter for residents and businesses
- March 2022 - Designs revealed for new family centre
- June 2022 - Local residents encouraged to have their say on next stage of regeneration
- June 2022 - Public consultation boards from June drop in sessions
- June 2022 - Public consultation report
- Submission of planning applications - Spring 2022 – Summer 2023 (separate detailed or outline applications)
- Estimated planning permission granted - Summer 2022 – Spring 2024
- Construction begins - Summer 2023 – Spring 2025
- First new homes - Summer 2024 – Winter 2026
- Overall project completion - Summer 2025 – Spring 2035