12 sites regeneration - Napier and New Plymouth, now ‘New Green’
Napier and New Plymouth Houses are the first sites being developed as part of a wider regeneration project, the ’12 Sites’, being delivered by a joint venture between London Borough of Havering and Wates Residential.
The project involves replacing two outdated 13-storey tower blocks that were having a negative effect on the neighbourhood, with an integrated new community formed of 197 modern, high-quality affordable homes for local people.
“I don't want to miss the chance to see the new properties when they are ready!”
Katie, former Napier New Plymouth resident
- May 2016 - First update provided to local residents
- June 2016 - First residents open consultation meeting held
- September 2016 - Second residents’ open consultation meeting held
- October 2016 - Cabinet approve ’12 Sites’ regeneration programme
- October 2016 - Update newsletter provided to local residents
- January 2017 - Third residents’ open consultation meeting held
- February 2017 - Update newsletter provided to local residents
- May 2017 - Fourth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- September 2017 - Fifth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- January 2018 - Cabinet approve the Regeneration Local Lettings Plan and Decant Procedures
- March 2018 - Sixth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- March 2018 - Council announces Wates Residential as joint venture partner on the 12 Sites Programme
- September 2018 - Seventh residents’ open consultation meeting held
- October 2018 - 12 Sites residents consultation meeting held
- November 2018 - Rainham Village Primary School use Minecraft to design the future
- January 2019 - Wates host the first ‘Meet the Buyer’ event
- January 2019 - Local businesses urged to get involved with opportunities for the 12 sites programme
- February 2019 - Contracts are awarded to local companies for Napier New Plymouth development
- May 2019 - First plans submitted for Napier New Plymouth regeneration
- July 2019 - Demolition starts at Napier New Plymouth
- October 2019 - First plans for Napier New Plymouth approved at Strategic Planning Committee
- March 2020 - Demolition work finishes at Napier New Plymouth
- August 2020 - The decision is made that the Napier New Plymouth scheme will deliver 100 per cent affordable housing
- December 2020 - Construction commences at the Napier New Plymouth regeneration site
- February 2021 - More local businesses awarded contracts for Napier New Plymouth development
- April 2021 - NNP construction on track despite Covid 19 pandemic
- July 2021 - Councillors check out progress at Napier New Plymouth regeneration site
- March 2022 - 'Topping out' ceremony
- July 2022 - Havering 12 Estates regeneration celebrates four years
- July 2022 - Right to return residents visit new homes
Residents with the right to return, new social housing tenants and shared ownership home owners will soon be moving into their new homes at New Green.
To register to find out more about the shared ownership opportunities, including how we’re prioritising social workers who live and work in Havering, please visit New Green Havering.
If you’re already on the housing register and are interested in the social housing opportunities, you can also bid for the new homes.
If you have a query or would like more information regarding this project, please contact us at email@example.com