12 sites regeneration - Park Rise (Previously Solar Serena Sunrise)
The development at the former Solar Serena Sunrise sheltered scheme will create 175 high-quality new homes in a retirement community village for the over 55’s.
The village sits on the edge of the Green Flag-winning Harrow Lodge Park, which benefits from lakes, reservoirs, wildlife and open green spaces.
The new homes are also a short walk to Hornchurch Town Centre, home to popular shops, cafes and restaurants.
“I couldn’t fault the (moving) process. It was very good! The Council did as much as they could to help."
“I'm keen to return to the retirement village. I really liked it there to start with and can't wait to move back!”
Alan, former resident of Solar Serena Sunrise
- July 2016 - First residents open consultation meeting held
- August 2016 - Second residents’ open consultation meeting held
- September 2016 - Third residents’ open consultation meeting held
- October 2016 - Cabinet approve ’12 Sites’ regeneration programme
- October 2016 - Update newsletter sent to local residents
- January 2017 - Fourth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- April 2017 - Fifth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- June 2017 - Residents receive an update on the Council’s regeneration plans
- August 2017 - Residents receive an update on the Council’s regeneration plans
- October 2017 - Sixth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- January 2018 - Cabinet approve the Regeneration Local Lettings Plan and Decant Procedures
- February 2018 - Seventh residents’ open consultation meeting held
- March 2018 - Council announces Wates Residential as joint venture partner on the 12 Sites Programme
- June 2018 - Residents receive an update on the Council’s regeneration plans
- September 2018 - Eighth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- October 2018 - 12 Sites residents consultations held
- January 2019 - Wates host the first ‘Meet the Buyer’ event
- January 2019 - Local businesses urged to get involved with opportunities for the 12 sites programme
- February 2019 - Contracts awarded to local businesses for Solar Serena Sunrise
- September 2019 - Demolition work commences at Solar Serena Sunrise
- November 2019 - Plans submitted for Solar Serena Sunrise retirement village
- June 2020 - Plans approved by Havering’s Strategic Planning Committee
- March 2021 - Update on Solar Serena Sunrise development
- September 2021 – Update for neighbours about progress on the site
- January 2022 – Update for neighbours about progress on the site
- July 2022 - Update to residents on site progress and upcoming works
- July 2022 – Newsletter update from the resident meeting
- September 2022 - Topping out marked at new Hornchurch retirement village
- October 2022 - Update for residents on progress
- December 2022 - Update to residents
The Solar Serena Sunrise scheme is currently in the construction phase.
New homes will be available from Autumn 2023.
If you have a query or would like more information regarding this project, please contact us at email@example.com