Healthy Start Scheme in Havering
If you’re pregnant or have children under the age of 4 you can get free vouchers or payments every 4 weeks to spend on cow’s milk, fresh, frozen or tinned fruit and vegetables, infant formula milk, and fresh, dried, and tinned pulses.
You can also get free Healthy Start vitamins.
For more information on the Healthy Start scheme, eligibility and how to apply, please visit the NHS Healthy Start Scheme website.
Eligibility for Healthy Start Scheme
You’ll qualify for the Healthy Start scheme if you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or you have at least one child that’s under 4 and you are receiving any of the following.
- Child Tax Credit (only if your family’s annual income is £16,190 or less)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit (which includes the child addition)
- Universal Credit (only if your family’s take-home pay is £408 or less per month from employment)
You will also be eligible for Healthy Start if:
- you’re under 18 and pregnant, even if you are not claiming any benefits
- you claim income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and are over 10 weeks pregnant
- you or your partner get Working Tax Credit run-on only. (Working Tax Credit run-on is the Working Tax Credit you receive in the 4 weeks immediately after you have stopped working for 16 hours or more per week)
- you are excluded from claiming public funds as a consequence of your (lack of) immigration status and you have parental responsibility for at least one British child who is less than 4 years old and your family’s take-home pay is less than £408 per month
You can check if you’re eligible by applying.
Use the 'check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs online service' to see if you’re eligible for other help with NHS costs.
For more information on the Healthy Start scheme and how to apply visit the NHS Healthy Start Scheme website
If you have any questions regarding Healthy Start, please contact the Public Health Team at email@example.com, using the subject heading “Healthy Start Scheme”.