Infant feeding resources
UK online and digital resources aimed at parents
- Start4Life - The official NHS information service on healthy nutrition for pregnant women, new mothers and babies. Start4Life is informed by the latest research by the WHO and is aligned with NICE guidelines and Unicef’s Baby Friendly Initiative.
- Start4Life Information Service for Parents - Parents can sign up for weekly emails, texts and videos for support from pregnancy to infancy.
- Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative: Support for Parents - The UK branch of the accreditation programme of Unicef/World Health Organisation, designed to support breastfeeding and parent infant relationships by working with public services to improve standards of care. This section of the BFI website details what parents can expect from a Baby Friendly accredited setting and links to information on breastfeeding support and the management of breastfeeding problems.
- NHS Website: Your Pregnancy and Baby Guide - This guide includes all you need to know about trying for a baby, pregnancy, labour and birth.
- NHS Website: Breastfeeding Help and Support - Lists the different locations where breastfeeding support can be found including 1-to-1 support, breastfeeding drop-ins, cafes and centres, breastfeeding helplines and websites, and how your partner can support breastfeeding
- First Steps Nutrition Trust - Evidence-based information on infant nutrition, including information about breastfeeding and infant milks for healthcare providers and parents.
- The Breastfeeding Companion - Information standard assured website with free access to a large number of supportive videos and answers to questions on pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- From Bump to Breastfeeding videos - NHS resource produced by the charity Best Beginnings. The videos use mothers’ stories to show parents how to start breastfeeding and provides practical answers to common challenges.
- Best Beginnings Baby Buddy - A multi-award winning App developed by the charity Best Beginnings which includes videos, information and updates about the user’s pregnancy and postnatal journey.
Information for Fathers, Partners and Other Supporters
- NCT: Fathers and Breastfeeding Information Sheet - Covers how a father can help with breastfeeding and common concerns fathers have about breastfeeding.
- Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust Infant Feeding Team: Involving the Family - Information on how the family can get involved with supporting a breastfeeding mother and bonding with the baby.
- Feed Good Website: Supporter Guide for Grandparents - Information directed at grandparents on how they can support breastfeeding from NHS Scotland and Healthier Scotland (Scottish Government).
- La Leche League GB: Supporting a Breastfeeding Mother - Information for fathers, partners (including same-sex partners), the wider family, visitors and mothers with no support.