Residents invited to Community Hub open day
Havering’s flagship community hub at Harold Hill will be celebrating helping over 1,000 people at its open day on Thursday 14 October 2021.
The doors will be open from 1pm for residents to come and meet the team as well as enjoy a whole range of activities.
- Be the first to apply for local jobs at Havering Council, Tesco, Greggs, Superdrug and many more – jobseekers on benefits who sign up with a coach can receive a free professional haircut on the day.
- Talk to experts about a career in construction or social care – get support to apply for roles.
- Get your weekly essentials from the Community Food Shop receiving £15 worth of shopping for only £5 – first 15 new members will get their shopping free!
- Get recipe ideas from a local chef to create delicious, great-value meals.
- Get advice from your local police about staying safe in your home – and pick up your free safety gadgets.
- Speak to your community health champions about how to improve your wellbeing.
The community hub is part of the new way the Council are delivering localised services, in partnership with the voluntary community sector making it easier for Havering residents to access the support they need.
Designed and developed with local residents and partners and tailored to meet local needs, the flagship hub is temporarily based in the old Housing Office at Chippenham Road, until the Harold Hill Library location is ready.
Councillor Viddy Persaud, Cabinet Member for Public Protection and Safety, said:
“This is our first opportunity to properly celebrate the hub’s opening and its first four months in Harold Hill.
“We have seen from the numbers of people using the service that it has quickly become a vital way for local residents to get to advice, assistance and training from a friendly and welcoming team.
“I encourage everyone to visit and make use of the services and support available.
"We can’t wait to welcome you!”
Plans are already in development for further Community Hubs to be established across the borough.