Havering marks Foster Care Fortnight
Havering Council's foster care team will be in the community seeking new foster carers
Havering Council is joining Foster Care Fortnight, a national campaign running from 13 to 26 May to recruit new foster carers.
Residents are being encouraged to come along and meet members of our team at a series of events across the borough.
They will meet people who are currently foster carers to find out first-hand what’s involved in becoming a foster carer in Havering.
Councillor Robert Benham, Havering’s Cabinet member for Education, Children and Families, said:
“We’re on a drive to find more people who are willing to open their homes and their hearts to children who need a stable and loving environment.
“Being a foster carer is one of the most rewarding things a person can do, and our team will be out and about speaking to residents about the difference that they can make to a young person’s life.”
We look forward to meeting you at the following venues throughout May.
- Monday 13 - Havering Town Hall, Romford, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday 14 - North Romford Community Centre, 10am-12.30pm
- Friday 17 - Hornchurch Library, 2-5pm
- Saturday 18 - Park Run, Raphael Park, Romford, 9-10.30am
- Tuesday 21 - Harold Hill Library, 3-5pm
- Wednesday 22 - Tesco Roneo Corner, 2-7pm
- Thursday 23 - Rainham Marshes, 10am-1pm and Tesco Rainham, 2-7pm
- Friday 24 - Fostering Bus, Romford Market, 12noon-5pm
- Saturday 25 - Romford Liberty Centre 10am-3pm and Park Run, Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch, 9-10.30am
- Sunday 26 - Sapphire & Ice Leisure Centre, Romford, 9.30am-1pm
Or visit the team on the first Thursday of each month from 6-7.30pm at Romford Town Hall.
If you would prefer to speak directly to someone before that time please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 434574.