Important change to the registrars service
Due to recommendations we will be reducing the amount of visitors attending appointments.
Update 30 March 2020
This page will no longer be updated. Please see the registrars section on our service disruption page for the most up to date information on changes
Update 27 March 2020
On Monday 30 March 2020 – Pre-booked online Death Registrations
If you have an appointment for death registration at Langtons House on Monday 30 March, you will no longer be able to attend this appointment
A registrar will contact you to complete the registration over the phone at the time you already booked appointment, but to do this we need your Medical Cause of Death Certificate so please follow the instructions below.
If you have Medical Cause of Death Certificate, but no appointment, please also follow instructions below.
Please deliver your Medical Cause of Death Certificate with your name and contact number to Langtons House, Billet Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1XL over this weekend 28/29 March 2020 and post through our letterbox in the door.
From Tuesday 31 March 2020
Langtons House will be closed for all face to face appointments until 14 April 2020
Death registration appointments will be carried out over the phone.
As stated above we need to be in the possession of the Medical Cause of Death Certificate, so we have requested your Doctor/Hospital/Hospice to forward direct to the Registration office with your contact details.
Once we are in possession of your certificate we will contact you to make an appointment for a telephone death registration.
Contact email@example.com for help.
Update 25 March 2020
Birth registration appointments are cancelled until 14 April 2020. This may be extended if Government advice changes.
Any weddings up to 14 April are cancelled. You can reschedule to October 2020 onwards or you can have a full refund. There is no update for weddings after 14 April at this time.
Update 18 March 2020
Please be aware that as a precaution due to the Government advice on Coronavirus, we will be reducing the amount of visitors attending appointments to our buildings and cancelling some appointments.
- During this period no children should attend appointments.
- Birth registration - Birth registration appointments are cancelled until 14 April 2020. This may be extended if Government advice changes.
- Death registration - One informant.
- Private citizenship - Just the citizen
- Notice of marriage - One person per notice
- Re-registration – Maximum two people (one person if you are married to the mother)
- Bookings for weddings / ceremonies or functions – No visitors. Book via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Any weddings up to 14 April are cancelled. You can reschedule to October 2020 onwards or you can have a full refund. There is no update for weddings after 14 April at this time.
Please not that no cash will be accepted at appointments. Please ensure you bring a bank card to purchase any certificates.