Issue paying when using Internet Explorer browser

You may experience an issue when making a payment online using some versions of the Internet Explorer (IE) browser. The payment should go through and an email will be sent to confirm success so do check your inbox, but the conformation page in the payment system may not load correctly. We recommend you use a different browser such as FireFox or Chrome. Apologies for the inconvenience. Find out what browser you are using

Reduce your bill

You can claim a Council tax discount, exemption, reduction or relief if you:

  • live on your own and are 18 or over
  • live with people not counted for Council tax
  • have certain adaptations in your home for disabled people
  • are on a low income or benefits

If you live on your own and are 18 years old or over, you’re entitled to 25 per cent off your Council tax bill.

If your income is low you may be able to claim Council tax support.

If you are of pensionable age, Council Tax Support can be any amount up to 100 per cent of your Council Tax liability.

Working age people with disabilities can have their Council Tax reduced by up to 80 per cent.

For everyone else, Council Tax Support can be reduced by up to 75 per cent.

In exceptional circumstances there is also Council Tax discretionary payment. Discretionary payments are short term help to reduce Council Tax in special circumstances.

To apply you can fill in out Council Tax Discretionary Payment form.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.