Planned maintenance of payment systems

Due to planned maintenance you will not be able to make payments to us from 10am to 1pm on Thursday 28 September 2023. Please do not fill in any forms that take payments, do not use the automated payment phone line and do not call us to ask that we take a payment during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Reduce your bill

You can claim a Council Tax discount, exemption, reduction or relief if you:

  • live on your own and are 18 or over
  • live with people not counted for Council Tax
  • have certain adaptations in your home for disabled people
  • are on a low income or benefits

If you live on your own and are 18 years old or over, you’re entitled to 25 per cent off your Council Tax bill.

If your income is low you may be able to claim Council Tax support.

If you are of pensionable age, Council Tax Support can be any amount up to 100 per cent of your Council Tax liability.

Working age people with disabilities can have their Council Tax reduced by up to 80 per cent.

For everyone else, Council Tax Support can be reduced by up to 75 per cent.

In exceptional circumstances there is also Council Tax discretionary payment. Discretionary payments are short term help to reduce Council Tax in special circumstances.

Go to our Council Tax Discretionary Payment page for more details

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.