Are you eligible?
Before you apply for a council or housing association home you must first check if you meet the right criteria and then submit an application to join the housing register.
We would recommend you read a Summary of our Housing Allocation Policy or the full Housing Allocation Policy to see if you qualify before making a housing application.
To meet the criteria you must
- have demonstrated that you have a housing need
- have lived in the London Borough of Havering for six continuous years
- not have savings or assets of £36,000 and over or you own your own home
- not have been, or have a member of your household been, involved in unacceptable behaviour, serious enough to make you an unsuitable tenant of the Council or other housing provider
- be entitled to public funds