Are you eligible?
Before you apply for a council or housing association home you must first check if you meet the right criteria and then submit an application to join the housing register.
To meet the criteria you must
- have demonstrated that you have a housing need
- have lived in the London Borough of Havering for six continuous years
- not have savings or assets of £36,000 and over or you own your own home
- not have been, or have a member of your household been, involved in unacceptable behaviour, serious enough to make you an unsuitable tenant of the Council or other housing provider
- be entitled to public funds