Council tax and benefits online accounts systems unavailable on Saturday 24 March

Due to planned maintenance, you will not be able to access your Council tax and benefits online accounts from 1pm for a few hours on Saturday 24 March. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Apply for a dropped kerb

You can make a request to lower the pavement immediately outside your property. This is normally when you want to connect your driveway to the road.

Application process

  1. Download and print out the 'apply for a dropped kerb (crossover) form'.
  2. Read the guide notes on the form before filling it in.
  3. Make sure you are allowed a dropped kerb at the property you are applying for. Our guide notes explain what is and isn't allowed.
  4. At this stage you can use our estimate calculator to give you a guide price.

    Estimate the cost of your dropped kerb

  5. Fill in and post the form back to us.
  6. We will be in touch with further instructions and to send an officer out to make a full assessment of the works required and the cost.
  7. Payment will be requested and works started.

Download the apply for a dropped kerb (crossover) form

Please note, it is illegal to have a dropped kerb constructed by anybody other than ourselves or our approved contractors.

Any dropped kerbs constructed by a non-approved contractor will be removed and the footway reinstated by us at your expense.

Having a dropped kerb does not automatically mean your route to the road will allways be clear. Read our leaflet about the rules for parking by a driveway

Download our leaflet on parking and dropped kerbs

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.