Apply for a dropped kerb
You can make a request to lower the pavement immediately outside your property. This is normally when you want to connect your driveway to the road.
- Download and print out the 'apply for a dropped kerb (crossover) form'.
- Read the guide notes on the form before filling it in.
- Make sure you are allowed a dropped kerb at the property you are applying for. Our guide notes explain what is and isn't allowed.
- At this stage you can use our estimate calculator to give you a guide price.
- Fill in and post the form back to us.
- We will be in touch with further instructions and to send an officer out to make a full assessment of the works required and the cost.
- Payment will be requested and works started.
Please note, it is illegal to have a dropped kerb constructed by anybody other than ourselves or our approved contractors.
Any dropped kerbs constructed by a non-approved contractor will be removed and the footway reinstated by us at your expense.
Having a dropped kerb does not automatically mean your route to the road will allways be clear. Read our leaflet about the rules for parking by a driveway