Havering Hero parking permit
The Havering Hero permit is a free permit for Havering key workers that allows you to have free parking in some areas of Havering until 30 April 2021.
If you are a key worker with a resident permit you may apply to help you to park in other zones.
If you have a permit that runs out on 31 January 2021, we have automatically renewed it to run to 30 April and you can expect to get the new permit in the post by 27 January.
If you have not received an updated permit by 27 January 2021 please use the 'Ask Parking' form to tell us. Please include the F-Number that is on your current permit so we can locate the original application and reissue a permit.
What you need to apply
It is important that you provide us with the following details in your application.
Failure to provide your job profile and an authorisation letter will result in delays in issuing the permit and your application may be rejected.
If you are carer who looks after relatives or other residents on an non-paid basis you won't have to provide the documents mentioned in 4 and 5. When the application form asks for those documents please tick the box when asked to do so.
- Your details.
- Your company’s details.
- Your vehicles details.
- An up to date job profile and person specification.
- A letter of authorisation from your line manager, on headed paper.
Eligible key workers
- NHS staff.
- Emergency Services.
- Carers who look after relatives or other residents on an non-paid basis.
- Social Care key workers (such as social workers, occupational therapists, home care workers and personal assistants).
- People dropping off food and essentials via volunteer services, working for our community hub or for voluntary sector partners.
Where you can park for free
- Resident bays for a maximum stay of 3 hours with no return to that bay for 2 hours.
- Car parks for a maximum stay of 3 hours with no return to that bay for 2 hours.
Full details are in the terms and conditions
Change of vehicle
If you need to change the vehicle registration on your Havering Hero permit please complete our ask parking form to let us know the new details.
Please attach a photo of the old permit with the word INVALID written across it.