Infant to Junior Transfer process
If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 you may need to apply for a junior school place for September 2019.
All parents living in Havering with a child in Year 2 at any infant school must submit an application. Applications can be made for up to 6 junior schools.
This does not apply to:
- Children currently attending a primary school in Havering or a neighbouring authority, and whose parent wishes for them to move to year 3 in the same school
- Children currently attending a primary school and you wish to transfer your child to a Year 3 place at a different primary school in September 2018 (an In-Year application will need to be made in this case)
All Havering Community junior schools use the following admissions criteria:
1. Looked after children and children who were previously looked after.
2. Children who attend the partner infant school and are transferring between year 2 and year 3.
3. Exceptional medical or exceptional social grounds.
4. Children with siblings on the roll of the school on the date of admission living up to a distance of 1.6km from the school. Children with a brother or sister at the school on the date of admission living over 1.6km from the school will also receive priority under this criterion if the last sibling was admitted before September 2018. This will include children in partner infant schools.
5. The distance of the home address from the school, as measured by a straight line from the school, those pupils living nearer the school being given higher priority.
Junior schools that are academies or voluntary aided schools may have different admissions arrangements, you should contact the school or visit their website for more information.
Junior schools are not allowed to reserve places for individual pupils and therefore, it is very important that you apply on time to ensure you do not miss out on an offer.
Community Junior Schools
Ardleigh Green Junior
Squirrels Heath Junior
Academy and Voluntary Aided Junior Schools
Drapers’ Brookside Junior
Langtons Junior Academy
Rise Park Junior
St Ursula’s Catholic Junior
Please read the Transferring to a Havering Junior School in September 2019 booklet before applying