Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
The Blue Badge scheme helps you to park closer to your destination if you're disabled. Sometimes known as disabled parking permits, it can be used throughout the UK and while travelling abroad within the European Union (EU) and in some other European countries.
The application process
- Before applying for or renewing a Blue Badge please read the guidance notes.
Please note if you are renewing, please apply 6 to 8 weeks prior to your existing badge expiring to make sure your new badge reaches you in time if approved.
- Click on the link to 'Apply for, or renew a Blue Badge' below to be taken to the GOV.UK website.
- Make a note of the things you'll need before applying from the list on the GOV.UK page.
- Click on the green 'Start now' button.
- You'll be asked to check your eligibility and answer questions about your disability as you fill in the application form.
- Once filled in your details will be sent to us to process.
- You will be asked to send us all the documents stated in your application within 14 days of filling in the form. Please note your application will not be completed until we have received your certified copy documents which you can either email to email@example.com or post to: Blue Badges, Town Hall, Main Road, Romford RM1 3BB
- You will also get a tracking code sent to you so you can see the progress of your application. Go to the GOV.UK tracking page to enter your code to track your application.
- Once we have your documents we will make contact with you about the next steps to take including payment.
Using your Blue Badge
For full details about the rules and responsibilities of Blue Badge holders, including displaying your badge and details about where you can park, please read our rights and responsibilities leaflet
Lost or stolen Blue Badge
Need to change your details?
You can report a change of name, address, contact details or any other details relating to information held by your local authority in relation to you or the badge that has been issued to you.