Changes to council services and advice and support we can provide is available on our dedicated coronavirus information page. Go to our coronavirus information page

Help shape the future of the Freedom Of Information service

We want to speak to any of you who have recently lodged a Freedom Of Information (FOI) request so we can gather thoughts and feedback on the current service. Please complete this short survey to register your interest in being involved in this research. Register your interest

Requests for information (FOI, EIR, SAR and ERASURE)

The Access to Information Team will make every effort to respond to requests for information within the statutory timescales however you are likely to experience delays as resources are re-directed to front line services because of Coronavirus. We apologise for this and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Data protection

We hold personal information about our customers, clients and residents and all the information about you that we hold is protected under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

See your data

When you can ask to see what information we hold we will ask for two forms of identification to process your request (one to be photographic).

We have 1 calendar month to provide a response, which can be extended by a further 2 calendar months, if we are unable to meet the original deadline.  We will let you know in writing if this is the case. If an exemption applies, you will be advised.

For more information regarding data protection in general please visit the Information Commissioner's website. Read our privacy statement to see specific rights about your data we use at Havering Council.

Make a data protection information request 

You can also email

Are you accessing your social care records?

Make a request for information from Social Care

Requests for children's data

We will accept requests from parents/guardians for their child's personal information where the child is aged 12 years and under.

Requests for children aged 13 years and over​ must be made by the child unless the parent/guardian has been given consent to make the request or they can provide a professionals/specialists opinion to prove the child is incapable of making the request.


How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.