Right to Buy (buy your council home)
Right to buy discount
From 6 April 2019 the maximum right to buy discount in Havering will increase to £110,500.
The new discount does not apply retrospectively to applications made before 6 April 2019.
These discounts will apply to applications which are served on the landlord by the tenant on or after 6 April 2019.
The Right to Buy scheme allows council tenants to buy their home from us and gives tenants a discount on the open market.
Are you eligible?
To qualify for the Right to Buy scheme:
- you need to have been a public sector tenant for at least three years in total
- you do not need to have lived at your present address for five years if you've already held tenancies elsewhere but you do have to be a secure tenant
Applying for a Right to Buy
To apply for the Right to Buy scheme you will need to complete and return all of the following forms:
- Notice claiming the Right to Buy (RTB1 form)
- Right to Buy equality and diversity form
- Havering Council additional information form
Please complete these forms and return to email@example.com
You can also read the Local Government guide to Your Right to Buy Your Home.
There is more information on leasing your property available.
Be wary of companies who offer Right to Buy help
These companies often charge thousands of pounds and if their fees are added to your mortgage you will pay interest on them.
We do not make any kind of charge for processing your application.