Covid 19 business inspections
We have a Covid 19 proactive inspection programme.
The inspection focuses on the compliance of each business with their health and safety responsibilities in respect of Covid 19 and to specifically check whether the business has:
- carried out a Covid 19 risk assessment
- appropriate cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place
- considered helping staff to work from home if possible
- measures in place to maintain 2m social distancing, where possible
- managed Covid 19 transmission risk where maintaining a 2m social distance is not possible.
Advice and guidance will be offered where necessary. View our guidance sheet
Enforcement action will be taken where appropriate.
An inspection report will be left at the time of each programmed visit. Part of the report will include signposting to guidance.