Covid 19 Solo Trader Isolation Support Grant
The Solo Trader Grant Scheme providers extra support to Havering residents who are ‘Solo Traders’ whilst they are legally required to isolate due to one of the following:
- you have tested positive for coronavirus using a PCR testing kit
- you have been asked to isolate by NHS test as a close contact
The grant scheme provides you (if eligible) with a £500 support payment to help with ongoing business costs whilst required to isolate.
To take part you must complete the application form within 28 days of your isolation period beginning and please note that this scheme ends at midnight on Monday 21 June so you need to have filled the form in by then.
A solo trader is a self-employed individual who trades on their own account as a sole trader without employees or who trades through a limited liability company of which they are the sole owner, director and employee.
Where you share ownership of such a company with a spouse whose involvement in the business is purely nominal, this will be disregarded.
This might include building trades, domestic cleaners and tutors.
Before you start the application
Please have ready your:
- NHS Test and Trace ID number. Find out more about NHS Test and Trace and how you get an ID number
- HRMC Unique tax reference number or Companies House limited company number
Proof of eligibility will be required and further checks may be carried out by Havering Council to verify all information supplied in this application.
These checks include making sure you are a solo trader and checking that you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
- You must be a Havering resident
- You must have tested positive using a PCR testing kit or be a NHS confirmed close contact
- You must be a solo trader
- You have applied for the grant within 28 days of your isolation period
Applications for the grant will close on Wednesday 23 June.
Please apply for the grant within 28 days from the beginning of your isolation period or by 11.59pm on 23 June 2021, whichever is the earlier.