12 sites regeneration - Waterloo and Queen Street
The Waterloo Estate development will create 1,380 new high quality, modern, energy efficient homes to Romford.
The scheme includes open green spaces for play and relaxing and village gardens to increase biodiversity.
The new development also includes commercial workspace.
“The process was flawless, we chose the first home we viewed and it meant our daughter could stay at the same school. The council have done so much for us, we are so happy here.”
Josephine, a former Waterloo resident that was relocated to enable the regeneration works
- June 2016 - Update newsletter provided for local residents
- September 2016 - First residents open consultation meeting held
- October 2016 - Cabinet approve ’12 Sites’ regeneration programme
- November 2016 - Second residents’ open consultation meeting held
- December 2016 - Update newsletter provided for local residents
- February 2017 -Third residents’ open consultation meeting held
- June 2017 - Update newsletter provided for local residents
- September 2017 - Fourth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- January 2018 - Cabinet approve the Regeneration Local Lettings Plan and Decant Procedures
- March 2018 - Council announces Wates Residential as joint venture partner on the 12 Sites Regeneration Programme
- March 2018 - Fifth resident open consultation meeting held
- June 2018 - Residents receive an update on plans for the area
- September 2018 - Sixth residents’ open consultation meeting held
- October 2018 - 12 sites residents consultation held
- December 2018 - Wates host Christmas lunch for Romford Salvation Army homeless people and volunteers
- January 2019 - Wates host the first ‘Meet the Buyer’ event
- January 2019 - Local businesses urged to get involved with opportunities for the 12 sites programme
- February 2020 - Wates host the final 12 Sites ‘Meet the Buyer’ event
- June 2020 - Planning application is submitted for the Waterloo Estate, Romford
- May 2021 - Demolition work starts at the Waterloo Estate
- June 2021 - Proposal for the Waterloo Estate is approved at Strategic Planning Committee
- October 2021 - Presentation given at the Cotleigh Road Residents Update Meeting
- February 2022 - Update to neighbouring residents
- February 2022 - Presentation given at the Cotleigh Road Residents Update Meeting
- June 2022 – Update for Cotleigh Road Residents (presentation)
- June 2022 - Cotleigh Road resident newsletter
Construction of new homes is starting soon.
The Waterloo Estate project has completed the demolition stage.
Next steps include creating the detailed building designs and developing some spaces for meanwhile use.
If you have a query or would like more information regarding this project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org