Because of government guidance on coronavirus a number of our buildings are now closed and events listed on our site are subject to change or cancellation. Changes to council services, advice and support we can provide, the latest local news and links to Government advice is available on our dedicated coronavirus information page. Go to our coronavirus information page

School service changes due to coronavirus

Schools are closed except for children of key workers. The in year admissions applications process is open but we won't process applications until schools resume. Pupils who are eligible for free school meals have the option to claim weekly shopping vouchers from their schools during the coronavirus outbreak.

Help with your child's learning at home

We have compiled a list of the best websites that offer free learning resources, ideas, activities, lessons and more, for you to use at home. View the list

Year 10 and 11 applications

Is your child in year 10 or 11?

If your child is in year 10 or 11 and attends a Havering school we strongly advise that you do not ask for them to transfer to another school.

This is because a move at this time will cause serious disruption to their education and may disadvantage them.

Many Havering schools begin GCSE work in year 9. Your child may have been working to a different timeframe. Different schools use different exam boards, and the syllabus may be different.

Coursework they have already started may not be relevant. The change may be a source of unnecessary stress for your child.

If you believe that it is in the best interests of your child to move schools, we recommended that you discuss this with the Head Teacher of your child’s current school.

It may be possible for the school to address any concerns you have and therefore enable your child to remain at their current school.

Don't have a year 10 or 11 place yet?

If your child does not have a year 10 or 11 school place you should apply for one as soon as possible.

There are very few vacancies at any of our schools in years 10 and 11 because it is unusual for pupils to leave during these years.

We have therefore made alternative arrangements for pupils without a school place to access suitable education elsewhere, or until a place can be found.

In these circumstances a caseworker from our Admissions and Inclusions Team will contact you as soon as possible, and discuss suitable provisions with you and your child.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.