Havering Local Plan Examination - Latest news
17 August 2020
The Council has published Main Modifications for consultation, which will run for 8 weeks from 17 August to 12 October.
More information, including how to make comments can be found on our planning policy consultation portal.
The following documents form part of this consultation:
- MMC01 Schedule of Proposed Main Modifications (August 2020)
- MMC02 Schedule of Changes to the Proposals Map (December 2019)
- MMC03 Habitat Regulations Assessment: Havering Local Plan Main Modifications (April 2020)*
- MMC04 Health Impact Assessment Review 2019: Report responding to Proposed Main Modifications to Local Plan (April 2020)*
- MMC05 Sustainability Appraisal (SA) for the Havering Local Plan: SA Report Addendum to accompany the Main Modifications (April 2020)*
- MMC06 Review of 2018 Review of Specialist Older Persons’ Housing
- MMC07 Housing Position Statement 2019 - Technical Update May - (October 2019 amendment) including:
- MMC08 Update to Annex 8 of the Housing Position Statement
- MMC09.01 - MMC09.04 Updates to Annexes 14.1, 14.2, 14.3 and 14.4 of the Housing Position Statement 2019 – Technical Update May (October amendment) (comprising housing completions in Financial Years 2014 – 2017 (inclusive))
- MMC10 – UPDATED 24-09-2020 – Housing Trajectory FULL (Oct 2019)
- MMC11 Revised Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment Update Report (July 2019)
- MMC12 Site Layouts Drawings (Supporting site layout material for revised Policy 11 Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation (09-07-2019)
- MMC13 Pitch Deliverability Assessments (Matrices) (February 2019)
- MMC14 Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation and Proposals Map Changes (January 2020)
- MMC15 Supplementary retail note for the Havering Local Plan (December 2018)
- MMC16 Statement from the Council on changes to the Use Classes (August 2020)
The Council is proposing a number of additional ‘minor’ modifications (e.g. typographical errors, clarifications and factual updates) to improve the clarity of the Local Plan.
None of these changes will materially affect the policies of the Local Plan and they are outside the scope of this consultation.
Comments on these additional modifications will not be forwarded to, or considered by, the Inspector.
Additionally, including the schedule of Minor Modifications, please find below various documents to support this consultation
- MMOD01 Main Modifications Statutory Notice (August 2020)
- MMOD02 Main Modifications Consultation Letter (August 2020)
- MMOD03 Consultation Letter Gypsy and Travellers (August 2020)
- MMOD04 Consultation Explanatory Note Gypsy and Travellers (August 2020)
- MMOD05 Consultation Response Form
- MMOD06 Main Modifications Consultation Guidance Notes
- MMOD07 Local Plan with minor and major modifications (tracked changes) (August 2020)
- MMOD08 Schedule of Proposed ‘Minor’ Modifications to the Submission Havering Local Plan
2 December 2019
The Council is working with the Inspector to finalise matters for the consultation on the Main Modifications which is currently scheduled to begin in Summer 2020.
May 2019 EIP - Post hearing correspondence - Requested actions and responses
22/05/2019 - Hearing Agendas
Public Consultation on Local Plan Revised Policy 11 – Gypsy and Traveller and Show People Accommodation
The Council is inviting comments on Local Plan Revised Policy 11 – Gypsy and Traveller and Show People Accommodation, including the proposed Site Allocations ahead of the Local Plan examination on 29 and 30 May 2019.
15/04/2019 - Inspectors matters, issues and questions
The Inspector has now issued her ‘Matters Issues and Questions’ for the upcoming Local Plan Examination 29-30 May 2019, along with Guidance Notes, a letter for the Council and a draft timetable for the May hearings.
These documents can be viewed here below under ‘May 2019 Examination Correspondence’.
Examination May 2019
The Havering Local Plan (2016-31) and supporting documents were submitted to the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government for independent examination on 27 March 2018.
The examination took place between Tuesday October 9 2018 and Thursday October 18 2018. Further details are in the 'Examination Correspondence' section below (items IED004, IED005, IED006 and CED004).
Following the hearings into the examination, the Inspector had some follow on queries regarding specific issues relating to various matters discussed at the hearing Further details on this and the Council’s initial response are in the Inspector’s 'Post Hearing Correspondence' section below (items IPHD001, CPHD001, IPHD002, CPHD002).
On this page you will find all of the submission documents and information on the examination, including further submission documents following the hearing as they becomes available.
The reconvened examination is due to take place on Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 May (Notice of Local Plan Examination). The inspector expects to advise of revised matters and issues and guidance notes by 16 April.
The Inspector would request statements back from parties (which may include the Council) by Thursday 16 May.
View the submission documents via the links below.
Statements of Common Ground - 2019
May 2019 Examination Correspondence
May 2019 Hearing Statements
October 2018 Examination Correspondence
October 2018 Hearing Statements
Post hearing correspondence
Post hearing correspondence - Requested actions and responses
Post hearing correspondence - Submission documents
Post hearing correspondence - Housing
Post hearing correspondence – Gypsy and Travellers
LBHLP.60 - Revised Policy 11 – Gypsy and Traveller and Travelling Show People Accommodation - (Revision stated in LBHLP.58 EIP Mods Final, EP11, page 26)
The Planning Inspector
Inspector Susan Heywood BSc (Hons) MCD MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination into the soundness of the London Borough of Havering’s Local Plan.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Andrea Copsey, will act as the contact for any person who has an interest in the examination and as a liaison between the inspector, council and representers.
The Programme Officer is an independent officer of the examination and works on behalf of the inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process. Andrea Copsey is the appropriate point of contact for any questions relating to timetabling or procedural matters.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the inspector should be submitted via the programme officer.
Mobile: 07842 643988
PO Box 12607